Air Fried Chicken Inasal

 

Air Fried Chicken Inasal




I tried a lot of chicken inasal recipes and this has to be my favorite. I still can’t remember where I got this recipe from so  when I tried cooking this again, I made my own measurements. Still, it turned out great! I love the fact that I can actually just air fry it now and not have to grill it outside and deal with all the smoke although grilling it is still the traditional way. Plus, I improvised a basting sauce and let me tell you, I don’t need annatto seeds anymore! Check out the recipe now!



Recipe for the Chicken Inasal:

Ingredients:

  • 3-4 chicken inasal cuts (thigh and leg)
  • 10 calamansi (about 1/4 cup for the juice)
  • 1/4 cup coconut vinegar
  • 1/8 cup liquid seasoning
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 2 tbsp sliced ginger
  • 4 cloves sliced garlic
  • 1/2 stalk of lemon grass 

Others:

  • 2 tbsp butter 

Instructions: 

  1. Prepare the ingredients for marination. Slice a little on the thigh and leg parts of each of the chicken. 
  2. In a bowl, combine the calamansi juice, coconut vinegar, liquid seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix then pour into the chicken. Then, add the ginger, garlic, and lemon grass. Massage the chicken with the marinade. 
  3. Place the marinated chicken in a container then cover and let this marinate overnight or 24 hours. 
  4. For the basting sauce: after marinating chicken, drain the mixture. In a saucepan, melt butter. Then, add the strained marinade. Let it simmer until reduced slightly. 
  5. Place the chicken in the air fryer and brush with basting sauce. Cook for 12 minutes then baste the chicken again. Cook for another 12 minutes. 
  6. Once cooked, baste the chicken one more time when served hot on a plate. 

Comments

Popular Posts