Chocolate Chunk Banana bars

 

Chocolate Chunk Banana Bars




I was supposed to Banana bread that certain day, but then I found out my loaf pans were gone. I just couldn’t find them. But, I had these very riped bananas so I had to do something with it. After a few researches, I decided to make these banana bars. Oh boy, these were so good! My whole family in our little compound love these so much. 


Recipe for Chocolate Chunk Banana Bars

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 3 very ripe bananas
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 40g dark chocolate chunks


Instructions: 

  1. Preheat oven to 350F or 180C. Line a 7x7 inch square baking pan or dish with parchment paper. In a bowl, mash the bananas. Set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl, add the melted butter and brown sugar. Whisk for about 1-2 minutes until creamy. Add the egg and whisk until it has been incorporated. Then whisk in the salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. 
  3. Add the mashed bananas into the wet mixture and give it a quick mix. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the dry ingredients gently. 
  4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and add some dark chocolate chunks on top. 
  5. Place it in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Comments

Popular Posts