Breaded Chicken Teriyaki




 Breaded Chicken Teriyaki




    The first time I made this, I was actually supposed to make regular Chicken Katsu. But, since I didn't have all the ingredients needed to make a Katsu sauce, I thought about using teriyaki sauce instead. I actually sold a lot of these when I was still active with my small catering service. I remember the first time when my whole family tried this, they absolutely loved it! 

Recipe for Breaded Chicken Teriyaki

Ingredients

  • 500g chicken breast, thinly sliced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1-2 large eggs for breading
  • breadcrumbs for breading
Sauce:
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar or white vinegar
  • 5 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp of minced ginger
  • 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 2 tbsp water
Instructions:

  1. Prepare the chicken breasts. Slice it thinly or pound the chicken breast until each becomes thin. Season each with salt and pepper. For breading, coat each first with flour, then egg, and lastly with breadcrumbs.
  2. Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
  3. For the sauce, add all the ingredients in the saucepan except for the cornstarch and water. Let it simmer until sugar has dissolved. Combine water and cornstarch to make a slurry. Add the mixture into the sauce and stir until sauce becomes thick. Turn off heat.
  4. To serve, add the sauce on top of the breaded chicken and garnish with toasted sesame seeds. 

Comments

Popular Posts