Cheesy Baked Mac

Cheesy Baked Mac



I am not a fan of Cheesy Baked Mac but my sister was desperately craving for it and asked me to make some for her. I ended up developing this recipe because I didn’t exactly have the right kind of cheese. It’s hard to find a good quality cheddar and swiss cheese here in my city.  So, I used affordable and local brand cheese.





Hats off to myself because the first time I made this was a hit! It’s cheesy, creamy, and that bacon gives a nice touch to it but even without the bacon, it’s still delicious and warms up your appetite. 




Recipe


Ingredients:


  • 8 oz Elbow macaroni pasta
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 cloves minced Garlic
  • 250ml  AP Cream
  • 1/4 cup  milk
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 tsp parmesan cheese, optional
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 oz Cheddar Cheese
  • 3 oz Quickmelt Cheese
  • 80-100g Bacon, chopped into small cubes, optional


Instructions:

  1. Cook elbow macaroni pasta according to package instructions. 
  2. To prepare the cheese sauce, melt butter and sauté the minced garlic. Add the cream, milk, parpika, cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese. With a wire whisk, mix the cheese sauce vigorously until cheese has melted. 
  3. Season the sauce with salt and pepper according to taste. 
  4. In a pan, cook the chopped bacon until brown and a little crispy. 
  5. In a bowl, add the pasta, cheese sauce, and bacon. With a spoon or rubber spatula, mix it altogether gently until all the pasta has been coated with the cheese sauce.
  6. Place in a baking dish and top with quick melt cheese. 
  7. Broil for 6-8 minutes or until the top is golden brown at 180C or 350C. 

Comments

Popular Posts