Burnt Basque Toast

 

Burnt Basque Toast




I own a small business and I usually use cream cheese. Most times I have leftover cream cheese and that is why I wanted to do something with it. I came across this recipe when I was scrolling through Tiktok. Now, I finally know what to make the next time I have left over cream cheese! This is a great twist on burnt toasts! 





Recipe:


Ingredients:

  • 7-8 slices of loaf bread
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 35g of cream cheese
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tbsp butter


Instructions:

  1. Preheat air frier to 160 or 320F. You can also use an oven and preheat at 180C or 350F. 
  2. In a sauce pan, add milk, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and cornstarch. With a whisk, mix until egg has mixed well. Cook over medium heat until it starts to thicken. 
  3. Add butter and cream cheese and keep mixing on low heat until cream cheese and butter has fully melted.
  4. If using an oven, place bread on a tray with parchment paper. Spread the cream cheese mixture on each bread generously. 
  5. Bake in the air frier or oven for 10-15 minutes until the top of the cream cheese has a burnt color. 
  6. Place on a plate to serve. 

Comments

Popular Posts